Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sometimes you have to run 6 miles

Mi Familia! Como estan?!!
I love y'all so much, thank you for all the emails. I want to start this email by apologizing for my bad attitude email last week. I am so happy and I have just had the best week. It get's so much better after you tough it through the bad.
The people of Borger are too awesome. They are so sweet (sometimes) and we have an awesome ward and they take so much care of their missionaries. I am going to come home so annoying, because I am picking up all this Southern small talk and I even annoy myself.. 
My Spanish is still pretty bad. I sort of just make noises in lessons and my companion does all the talking, haha. I am getting so good at mirroring emotions so it looks like I am totally understanding everything that they are saying. It's tricky though because we have had a few instances where they ask me questions and I smile and laugh politely. And times where I nod and agree with completely false doctrine.. Ahh what can you do? :) 
 SO best news EVER, Dolita, remember her? How awesome she is? Well, we are teaching her two little 11 year old twin girls, Ann-Marie and Kay-Leigh, and they are getting baptized on the 30th! Dolita said she has never taught them about the gospel because she wanted them to make this decision on their own.  When we started teaching them, Dolita chimed right in and is helping us so much! This is helpinf her so much too, to remember these lessons and truths. Her girls are darling and they all came to church with us on Sunday! I was just BEAMING sitting with them on the bench. We are teaching this 81 year old named Loy and he is fixin' to get baptized on the 30th aswell, but he has been so sick and we haven't really been able to teach him. Sad. It is in God's hands. 
Everybody things I am from Russia or Scandinavia because of my last name and my hair and eyes. They are pretty disappointed when I say Draper, UT. Haha, me too. 
My companion is still slowly killing me with these 6 AM runs. She starts them out by leading me onto all these confusing pathways and back roads because she knows the SECOND I figure out where we are, I am sprinting HOME! Sad news is, i am still going to come home chubby because of the dang food here! I have the hardest time eating it. It is all PACKED with salt and cheesy and fatty meats... gaihfjdhfa At member's houses, I just have to clench all my lower half muscles together and swallow it. And with the Mexicans here, they get way sad if you don't get seconds. I have had to pray pretty dang hard to be able to eat all my food. My companion is pretty used to it and thinks it's super funny how grossed out I get. 
I had like an hour conversation with some shirtless guy on his porch about the science of God. we both learned a lot. He started talking to us by yelling at us from acrossed the street about how there isn't such a thing as God. We went over and met him and I was able to share a testimony with him that I have never been more certain of anything in my life that there is  a God. And he paused for a second, sat down, and said "I like you. What else do you know?" Hahahah, crazy. 
I love bike days. I scream and wobble the whole time, but they are fun. I look pretty good in a helmet, surprise surprise. 
This week for service we pulled up this huge tree in this ladies garden. It was so hard and we were so hot and she brought out iced tea for us, haha. Silly. I also worked in this soup kitchen helping with their bean and cornbread dinner fundraiser bake sale thing. Texans are obsessed with beans. That's pretty unfortunate for me. I love those people so much. Let me tell y'all something, when I am home from my mission, I am volunteering places to serve. I am having the best time meeting all these cool people. 
Well my hands are cold from typing, so I am going to give it a rest. I wan't to close by telling you how happy I am. This is the HARDEST WORK I have ever done, but the rewards are priceless. God is here in Borger with me and is placing people in my path to teach. He really is there in lessons with me and helps me know how to help these people. I am learning so much about the Atonement of Christ. I thought I was out here with a purpose of sharing the restored gospel with people, but I am not. That is incidental of what i am actually here to share; the mercy and grace of our Savior! How to come unto Him! I get to share with people that His sacrifice, from one who was INFINITELY LOVED, satisfied the demands of justice! We are able, through Him, to live in exultation with our Father in Heaven! WOW! I am so blessed with this opportunity. I want to do a really good job. "Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."
 i hope you all have an awesome week  I sure love you!!!!!!!
Sister Kynaston

No comments:

Post a Comment