Monday, November 30, 2015

Hi (80 lbs later)

Family! I love you guys so dang much. I don't have a whole lot of time today to write, so i will write out a long letter complete with pictures and stickers. You'll all probably be in Boise by the time it comes. I will just sent it to Grandma's house. #imsmart
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My Thanksgiving was just so wonderful, but also the hardest trial I have had on my mission thus far.. So when a Mexican person feeds you, you are expected to eat ALL that you are given and to also have 2nds. They seem to think that if you don't eat their food, you are rejecting them. I don't know who told them that, but that's what they think. So now try to imagine 3 Mexican Thanksgiving dinners. HA! Let's just paint a picture of little Sister Kynaston at the end of the 1st meal: I looked down on my plate and saw that I still had a lot left, so i started to slowly put more food in my mouth, sweat began to drip down the back of my neck, everyone talking around me seemed like it was going on in slow motion... I was SO sick after leaving our FIRST dinner appointment... I woke up on Fridaymorning with the sorest stomach and lower back. Did you know that can happen? Now we know. Pray for me. 
Also something that is not cool is now that the weather has dropped, all the mice in TX think that it's okay to come live with us. The other night my companion and I just lied awake in our beds at like 2 in the AM because we were surrounded by mice running by our beds and crossed the room. Then the next night we lied awake in our beds to the sounds of snapping mice traps and the squeaking cries of death. #mylife
There was this HUGE ice storm this week and it covered EVERYTHING in this thick layer of pure ice. I couldn't even open our car door. It was so awesome. Sister Vance and I are just in tears where ever we go from laughing so hard because we keep falling, haha. LOVE IT. 
It sounds like this week has been a pretty rough time for y'all, but I want to bear you my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. After this life, we are "..taken HOME to that God who gave us life" (Alma 40:11). We are brought into the Lord's rest. He loves us so so so much. We are being so looked after here. It was part of the plan to struggle here and experience pain. Salvation isn't easy. We may have to experience one of the tears Jesus wept while suffering in the Garden. When you ask yourself, "Why is it so hard?" Remember you aren't the first to ask that question. Someone much, much greater asked it as well. We are NOT alone here. 
I love you all endlessly. You are my light out here in TX. I never feel alone, because I know I am not. 
ALM,
Sister Kynaston 
Pictures:
Iced over e'ry thing
Me and Sis Vance being happy on THNKSGVNG
Me at dinner number 2 with the Harnandez's


we made pies together

Cacti everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment