Monday, November 9, 2015

Pomegranates were eaten, gospel was shared

FAMILIA! Esta semana ha sido el MEJOR! 
We certainly have been busy in Burger TX. I can't believe it is already Monday. Everybody always says in the mission that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I'd like to bear my testimony that this is true. 
Yesterday at church we had a multi stake broadcast from SLC and it was SO GOOD! Then afterwards we had a good ol' Texas pot luck with everyone from the ward. Loy came and so did the Simmons family! It was wonderful. After the broadcast i just got to sit at a table with all my Mexican friends from the ward and speak Spanish and eat hot sauce. These are some of the best days of my life. "Just think, that temp agency could have sent you anywhere!" (Dwight from the Office) But seriously, I am having a great time. We get transfer calls this Saturday and I really hope I don't leave my area. It'll be fun to stay with Sister Vance too. Except if I do stay with her for another 6 weeks, I have to find a nice way to tell her that I never said anything, but it's called "TOPICAL guide" no "TROPICAL guide", because I am going to lose my mind. 
I have been feeling under the weather lately and I woke up today just dead.. My voice sounds like Bob from Bob's Burgers. (Sorry about all the TV references) Every Friday we do something called "Weekly Planning" and it takes about 3 hours. We go through every person we are teaching and working with and we make specific plans for them, we plan our week, make goals, companionship inventory, and other things. Part of weekly planning is this LONG prayer that we go through our list of people and pray from them specifically. We take turns offering it, and this week Sis Vance gave the prayer and I totally fell asleep on the floor. She like had to shake me and wake me up, hahaa. I am the worst. 
Something fun about the Pan Handle of Texas is the CRAZY WIND! It blows SO dang hard here. We will be riding our bikes down a hill and we don't even need to use our brakes to stop, the wind will start pushing you backwards. It's like riding through Jello. I just scream the whole time.
A ton has happened this week, but I can't really remember anything right now. As a missionary, you are used to writing down every thing, so your brain doesn't really have to remember anything... 
OH YEAH I got to go to the Lubbock Temple this week! It is about a 3 -4 hour drive, but I went with Bishop Long and his wife, Sister Long. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! I just love Bishops (shout out to Bishop Berry) So it was a really awesome road trip. He and his wife are both converts, they are amazing. The temple was so so beautiful and wonderful. I got to do sealings and it was so amazing. I love the temple. I want to live in there. Like sleep in the Celestial Room and the workers could just set up my bed before they leave each night. Ahhh...





 MoM you can erase all of this before putting it on my blog if it's getting too weird, haha. 
I want to close this email by sharing my testimony with you about what i have come to know this week. This is Jesus Christ's church. He stands at the head, and He guides and directs us through our latter day prophet Thomas S Monson. We need to ALWAYS stand by our prophet. This Church is always going to be true. I know this from experience and reason, but also by the confirmation on the Holy Ghost time after time after time. I have never been more proud or grateful to be representing something. You guys! We were raised in the only true church on the Earth! We have grown up with parents who taught us about Heavenly Father and the Plan of Salvation and the Holy Ghost! We have been taught about the sacrament and the Atonement.. you have NO IDEA how lucky we have been. NEVER take that knowledge for granted. You don't know what it is like in other places of the world. We have never had to be confused about truth. We need to share this with everyone. Be missionaries.
I love y'all endlessly. I have a baptism this Saturday and I am so psyched. Send me letters and cash, keep it real ;) 

Sister Kynaston

we caught a mouse and I cried

Also will someone tell me where our ancestors are from? I don't know and everybody keeps asking me and I don't want to look it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment