Friday, February 26, 2016

Exerpt from her paper letter today

Dear Fat family:
I don't want to come home looking perfectly well rested, a size 2, clear glowing skin, perfectly up kept hair...  
I want to come home with tired watery eyes from waking up at 6:30 every day.  I want to come home with scarred, beat up feet from walking miles and biking.  I want to come home a little chubby from wonderfully spent evening in members' homes lovingly being fed.  I want to come home with dry, tired hair from showering every day and never having time to do anything with it.  When I come home, I want people to know I worked my bum off and that I truly truly loved the people of West Texas and east New Mexico.  That  is what's important.  The mission flies by.  I blinked and now I've been out 6 months.  




No comments:

Post a Comment