Monday, February 22, 2016

TACO TOWN

Hola familia! The learning continues.. We are starting week three of the transfer and Sister Bushnell and I are exhausted, haha. We have a lot of fun together though. I feel like we are the same person, it's crazy. We say the exact same things at the same time with the same voice and its so awkward. She is a lot more nice than I am though, ahah. 
The service here is so much fun! We go to the Old Folks home (English) and play dominoes with them, and we go to the La Casa de los Abuelitos (Spanish), and play La Loteria with them (spanish bingo). It is a blast. We helped out a lady in the ward yesterday cover mattresses and move them into her garage and helped her drill stuff and we got to use power tools and i felt just like MOM! :) (except I know mom doesn't scream when she uses them.)
We are teaching this DARLING family. the wife, Kathy is about 25 and is a world wide champion for like Mounted Steer Riding? I think that's what it's called. Basically it's riding on a horse and shooting stuff. She is SO AWESOME! and Lane is the husband, he is so big and indian. He is very special, and we actually found out that he was baptized but hasn't been to church since he was about 14. He loves little house on the prairie and we talk about that all the time. They have a 2 year old girl named Kimana and she is so cute. She loves playing with my name tag. They are so prepared for the gospel, they don't even know it. I love teaching them. 
Not a ton happened this week.. I had a lot of break downs because i have been really stressed out, haha. Poor Sister Bushnell. Pray for her. I am doing so well though! I am so happy. I have learned that happiness doesn't come from being a missionary. Happiness comes from keeping the commandments. 
I love you all so much. Thank you for all your love and support! XOXO
Pics: me wearing this SICK Texas belt that Hna Pedroza made! Haha Sister Bushnell taking a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment